Spring/Summer 2016 Issue
The following content is part of the Spring/Summer 2016 Issue. Articles that are in this issue contain information about the biblical truth about self-righteousness, learn how false preachers are twisting grace, find out if it is right for women to speak, teach, or preach in the church, learn what it means to be saved in childbearing, and much more.
- Discovering God’s Heart for People with Disabilities
- Parable: The Two Coats
- What is Liberty in Christ?
- Prideful Christians are Thieves and Robbers
- 14 Biblical Things Christian Women Can Do for God’s Glory
- Divorce: Have Mercy If You Can
- Thinking About Leaving God? Read This…
- This Must Be What Heaven Is Like
- What Does It Mean For A Woman To Be ‘Saved in Childbearing’?
- Let’s Be Clear: What is Self-righteousness?
- Should Women Speak, Teach, or Preach in the Church?
- Grace is NOT an Excuse to be Imperfect
What is Liberty in Christ?
Liberty in Christ is freedom in Christ. This means that we are set free from the bondage of sin because we choose to walk in the holiness of God.
Our freedom is connected to the spiritual goodness that we produce, the fear of the Lord, and the walk of faith. Out of these comes our good works and the clear evidence of our righteousness.
We also have liberty in Christ because before we had faith through Christ, atonement for sins had to be made every year.
Remember, lambs, bulls, and goats had to be killed on alters to cover our sins.
Jesus Christ became a perfect lamb for us once and for all and He provided us the circumcision of the heart.
This is why God sent Jesus to die for us to wash away our sins permanently as we repent and believe. This gives us the right to become heirs of the Lord’s promise.
So, liberty, or freedom in Christ, is not an excuse to sin nor treat the Lord’s sacrifice carelessly, but to be serious and diligent in keeping the commandments of God since we no longer are bound to yearly sacrifices by the blood of bulls and goats. We simply stay in the circumcision of Christ and not in bondage to the worldly desires of our flesh.
That’s true liberty.
I have liberty in Christ bcuz I am a doer of the Word, set free from bondage 2 sin. #Christianity Click To Tweet Cite this article: Please update the Accessed or Retrieved date (September 13, 2015).
Thank you for reading!
Bio: Founding Editor