Autumn/Winter 2018-19 Issue
The following posts are part of the Autumn/Winter 2018-19 Issue. Articles in this issue contain information about harmful media and statistics, how to teach your child to stand for godliness, how to run a business the godly way, and find out what it means to be “unchristian” in the body of Christ. Have you ever wondered what Jesus meant by “a memorial would be spoken of her”? Read about that and many more topics in this issue. Plus, read the beautiful testimony of a Jewish girl who found the Messiah.full course
- The Unusual Suspects: The Flat-Earth People
- Parable: Grumpy and Dumpy
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #36
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #37
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies: #38
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #39
- 33 Beautiful Scriptures for Social Sharing
- Modesty Minute: Fake Blessings
- Light Up Your Faith On Social Media
- What It Means to Come to Jesus Like a Little Child
- Running a Business the Godly Way
- How to Teach Your Child to Stand Strong in the Faith
- Why Men Need Their #MeToo
- The Memorial of Mary: Portrait of Repentance
- The Greatest Jew of All Time – By Rachel Graff
- The UnChristian
- Sins that Ticked Off God
- Christian Moms, We Need You Right Now
Christian Moms, We Need You Right NowEstimated Reading Time: 10 minutes
Every Christian mom needs awareness about their child’s media activities, but many do not understand the gravity of the matter.
Horrifying Pornography Facts:
43% of Americans say pornography is morally acceptable. 1
The United States is the largest producer and exporter of hardcore pornographic DVDs and web material. 2
Pornography sites get more monthly visitors than Amazon, Twitter, and Netflix combined. 3
Hardcore porn is the new normal and incest is rising. American porn-watchers are also growing fond of viewing younger victims.4
In 2007, 42% of Internet users ages 10 to 17 said they viewed porn online in the past 12 months. But 66% of those who said they viewed it said it was “by accident,” according to a study by the University of New Hampshire and published in Pediatrics. 5
In 2016, Pew Research Center found only 39% of parents were using filters on devices, only 16% on mobile. 6
90% of teens and 96% of young adults encourage, accept, or are neutral when they talk about porn among their friends. Plus, 1 in 5 youth pastors and 1 in 7 senior pastors watch pornography regularly. Download Covenant Eyes free e-book for much more.
17% of women confess they are “addicted to porn.” 8
Spread the word and help your fellow Christians.
Harmful Apps and Platforms
Honestly moms, if we don’t know the social media platform, it’s like letting our children go to a stranger’s house. It might look harmless and fun, but there’s a lot more going on. The stranger’s house is actually a neighborhood filled with strangers who make it their life’s mission to teach visitors about life.
Do you want your child to plug into this neighborhood where strangers share tempting lessons about life through their ungodly ideas and images? Can we really trust an adolescent’s ability to refrain from temptation when the word of God says “foolishness is bound in the heart of a child”?
Tumblr, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter are just a small sliver of apps that do not control access to pornographic images and unclean lusts.
Lock the Devices
Many devices contain parental controls, which help you as a parent or provider. Your child may enjoy access to the right things without getting caught up in the wrong.
Yet still, check the devices and apps your son or daughter uses. Teens do not have a right to privacy as harmful avenues exist. Private internet access bears a multitude of temptations and consequences for any dependent child in development whether preschool or pre-adult.
Some tech tips:
- Remove technology entirely replacing it with healthy family activities.
- Require children to return devices to mom and dad at bedtime instead of allowing devices in the bedroom and disconnect Bluetooth.
- Update your parental password if you made it too easy for your kids to decipher.
- Put your thumb ID in their iPhone so you can access it at any time.
- Don’t allow friends or relatives to hand their devices over to the kids especially unattended.
- Teach conscious blinking. Our eyes blink less when we are on devices, which reduces oil secretion and creates dry eyes. This can cause other problems. Blink often.
I’ve been a fan of PBS for a long time. We love the schooling support and the racial inclusivity. However, Sesame Street officially decided that it is okay to teach your son that he can wear a pink tutu and crown. That is not okay due to God’s perspective and most mothers I think want their sons to grow into men. They attempted to tackle “gender identity” without parental permission. Of course, this is not the only show. Doc McStuffins aired two moms as a couple.
Also, other cable channels prove difficult to control. CBS Sunday Morning and ESPN aired a lesbian liplock, LG aired a BTS commercial (Highlighting LG+BTS [LGBTs]) because one of the members is bisexual; these are some examples that working Christian parents, especially single mothers, will not want their children to see. Moreover, they may not realize it is airing.
Additionally, cable television has embraced outright satanic programming, which is terribly shocking.
Many people are cutting cable to control the media in their household.9
Some media tips:
- Remove TVs from all adolescent rooms.
- Consider limiting television access to adults only and only allow specific, monitored internet television (e.g., Amazon Prime, Pure Flix) times for kids, which is often commercial-free and customizable.
- Try the BBN app. It has a radio program called Unshackled that features true, dramatic Christian stories.
Studies show that children develop addictions to their devices. Some long-term, negative effects include adverse changes in behavior, lack of social skills, and a higher suicide rate.
Some gaming tips:
- Avoid frivolous games on the iPad. Only add learning games.
- Avoid addictive games such as Pokémon and Minecraft.
- Limit games to one hour.
- Allow games only on weekends.
- Subtract game time for bad behavior.
Christian Moms, Why Not Write for Kids?
As with television media, non-Christian publishers, agents, and writing organizations are making a concerted effort to raise up the LGBT community. Even though the Bible is comprised of historical documents from the witnesses of God and of His creation—and we have substantial excavation evidence 10 — the overall concept of LGBT+ is evolution of gender; many genders and gender neutrality.11 Additionally, the industry uses buzz words calling for inclusivity and marginalized voices (e.g., race, nationality, disability, multi-racial, religions using the hashtag ownvoices), but their focus tends toward LGBT.
Another red flag includes certain book peddlers who shame parents with statements like,
“Children are more open-minded than adults.”
“Parents should allow their children to choose what they want to read.”
Morality tales are over-rated and inauthentic. Children are smarter than that.
Often this is not about building reading skills. Instead, it is about teachers and librarians having the authority to give questionable books to children without parental consent. However, I do agree that some writers need more creativity when producing a morality tale.
If you haven’t noticed, planting gender-identity books in stores, libraries, and schools has increased from 2016. Researching every book for your child will not guard them enough as more LGBT media is released in all outlets.
Certain publishing-connected companies known for supporting these ideas are: Scholastic, American Library Association, School Library Journal, Children’s Book Council, American Psychological Association, We Need Diverse Books, SCBWI, The Horn Book, all the large publishing houses, and many small presses. As you can see, this is a direct line to publishing to the public school and library systems.
Some of the best things you can do is remain diligent about researching books, educate your child and friends, and show yourself holy. Holiness and peace is how people see God.
When visiting your local library, request Christian titles from the librarian or request titles through your library’s form online instead of having children wander around to find books. Visit pluggedin.com for book reviews from a Christian perspective.
Homeschooling is also an option and Christian school might be, but nowadays many loosely translate Christian in their lifestyles. Learning to write books for children is another alternative to support the Christian industry.
Some book tips:
- If you have questionable books, rip them up. Burn them. Throw them away. Do not give them away.
- Research books.
- Search for appropriate books.
- Ask your child’s teacher and your child’s principal about the book reading policies and your right to request alternatives.
Christian parents should not take these facts lightly. The exponential growth of pornography coupled with the publishing industry’s desire to embrace new gender roles, the world is becoming like Sodom. Even sites like Common Sense Media support unclean lusts and effeminate ideas as normal and healthy for children. Families and churches must sit down and discuss actions to nurture the development of their children because demonic oppression and temptation is not a joke. Be a missionary because this is your mission.
- Hold group sessions with friends and family and discuss these harmful aspects openly with the children. SHARING THIS INFORMATION CAN SAVE A SOUL.
- Hold a homeschool meeting to inform parents and give handouts.
- Know the parents of your child’s friends.
- Children should play openly rather than behind closed doors without adult supervision. It is no longer easy to know what other children are accessing.
- To contribute healthy Christian media to the world, learn to write for kids.
- Act now and be diligent.
 I pray not that Thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that Thou shouldest keep them from the evil.  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. ~John 17:15-17 KJV [Jesus’ prayer to the Heavenly Father]
 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. ~James 4:4 KJV [James warns the believers.]
 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. ~1 John 2:15-16 KJV [John warns the believers.]
 Abstain from all appearance of evil.  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.~1 Thessalonians 5:22-23 KJV
Cite this article: Please update the Accessed or Retrieved date (September 13, 2015).
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient [contribute to /profitable for — godliness]: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. ~1 Corinthians 6:12 KJV
Thank you for reading!
Bio: Founding Editor