Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Issue
Is Christianity a “white religion?” In this issue, read topics about race and racism in the Bible, discover how to study the Bible effectively, and learn if you are a Christian racist. Also, find out why it’s not that great to be a Barnabas, learn how the prosperity gospel hurts Christians, and why is it important for women to be shamefaced? Plus, check out an article by contributing writer, Pat Jeanne Davis.full course
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #19
- Wrong Verses Right™: John 8:7 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #20
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #21
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #22
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #23
- Wrong Verses Right™: Ecclesiastes 7:16 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right™: 1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #24
- Wrong Verses Right: Matthew 5:46 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right: Isaiah 58:5 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #25
- Wrong Verses Right™: Isaiah 58:9 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #26
- The UNusual Suspects: Tony Robbins
- The UNusual Suspects: Bahai
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #27
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #28
- Modesty Minute: Tender-Hearted Guarded
- After the Storm – By Pat Jeanne Davis
- It’s Not That Great to Be a Barnabas
- Three Problems of Posturing Pentecostals
- How Do I Know Who is Righteous and Who is Not?
- Modesty Minute: Why Should I Be Shamefaced?
- Sow A Seed: How the Prosperity Gospel Hurts Christians
- Racist Christian? 29 Lies and Patterns of a Blind Racist
- How to Study the Bible Effectively
- White Religion? Biblical Facts About Race and Racism in Christianity
Modesty Minute: Why Should I Be Shamefaced?Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes
Do you wear a shame on your face as a Christian female? Today’s Christian women have been taught that certain scriptures are no longer relevant in the New Testament. Therefore, modern women reject things like wearing a shamed face because it represents being a “kept woman.”
Fortunately, the Christian doctrine was not about following the “rudiments of the world.” Paul did not follow the ways of the world. Paul was also not upholding anti-feminism or patriarchy. The modesty of being shamefaced was about having evidence that avoided pride at all costs.
Remember, when judgment day comes, there will be a Judge, a jury, a Lawyer, an adversary, and an accused. Evidence of how you embraced Jesus is very important.
Read these scriptures about pride:
 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low: ~Isaiah 2:12 KJV
 “For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up,” saith the Lord of hosts, “that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.” ~Malachi 4:1 KJV
 “Behold, I am against thee, O thou most proud,” saith the Lord God of hosts: “for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.” ~Jeremiah 50:31 KJV
The proud will be cut down like stubble on the day of the Lord’s return.
When the Lord comes, if you want to be found in Him without spot and blameless, look to the first thing that He hates:
 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him:  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, -Proverbs 6:16-17 KJV
I am sure that this “proud look” was the first thing that Lucifer, the devil, showed on his countenance as his heart was lifted up. He was cast out of heaven for his pride. This scripture is a lamentation against Tyrus whom God calls “a covering cherub.”
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. ~Ezekiel 28:17 KJV
Do women ever look humble when they exalt their beauty through selfies and impressive music and clothes? These actions are prideful and without shame. This is why it is important to understand what God explains to Lucifer, the king of Babylon; his proud looks and his “pomp”— all the things that exalt him— will go to hell.
 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! ~Isaiah 14:11-12 KJV
The Apostle Paul said this right before he gave the “shamefacedness” scripture:
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. ~1 Timothy 2:7 KJV
Therefore, the Apostle Paul was not hindering women when he said this,
 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;  But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. ~1 Timothy 2:9-10 KJV
He was helping them to be prepared to do the complete opposite of the devil and all who exalt themselves even on their face.
Men should not have pride before God either, of course.1
There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up. ~Proverbs 30:13 KJV
An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin. ~Proverbs 21:4 KJV
And Paul instructs the men to pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting in 1 Timothy 2:8 KJV.
Paul laid the foundation of the doctrine, which is Christ.
Cite this article: Please update the Accessed or Retrieved date (September 13, 2015).
Thank you for reading!
Bio: Founding Editor
Leave a Reply