Autumn/Winter 2015-16 Issue
The following posts are part of the Autumn/Winter 2015-16 Issue. Articles that are in this issue contain information about Knowing Your Enemy the devil, find out how not to use God’s love as an excuse, learn God’s definition of homosexuality, discover if you are a light of the world, plus topics on how to be a modest woman and a godly, submissive wife.full course
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #1
- Let Your Yes Be Yes and Your No Be No
- Are You Being a “Light of the World”?
- God is Love, But Don’t Use That as an Excuse
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #2
- How to Be a Godly, Submissive Wife
- So You Think You’re Not Turning Tricks?
- Hope for a Better Tomorrow
- 10 Subjects That Should Be On Your Prayer List
- Modesty Minute: Who Can Find a Virtuous Woman… ?
- Why You Should Sing To The Lord All The Time
- Know Your Enemy
- Don’t Believe the Hype: Homosexuality and the Church
- Predestination without a Choice?
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #3
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #4
How To Be A Godly, Submissive WifeEstimated Reading Time: 24 minutes
Help me to be a helper to my husband. Teach me to know if I am making my husband an idol in my life.’
We Are Created To Be The Helper (Gen. 2:20-23 KJV)
e are created to be a helper to our husband. If your husband needs general assistance with something, and he has specifically asked you to help him, then be obedient to him because being a helper to our own husband is why we were created.
For instance, my husband works long hours at his job. He used to iron his own clothes every morning for the last seventeen years. However, he requested that I help him one night. It was at 10:30 at night. I was just as tired as he was and so I basically did not want to do it and I had no problem telling him. However, after I said it, I slowly felt the Holy Spirit pull my soul down inside of me.
I knew that the Lord was not pleased.
You see, I did not feel guilty at all, but I realized through that pulling that the Lord desired for me to help my husband in this situation. He was in need and by his request I needed to obey. I soon realized that ironing his shirt takes time, so I decided to save my husband a half an hour each morning.
Many Christian women do not want to venture into the territory of submission especially because certain churches have turned submission into slavery. Some churches even ignore the subject altogether. Yet, there are also women who willingly turn submission into idolatry. Therefore, I hope this devotional helps women to have a healthy Christian marriage by being a godly and submissive wife. Submission doesn’t have to be scary. Just be careful that your husband doesn’t become an idol to you and that you are not submitting to the works of the devil.
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself: and the wife see that she reverence her husband. ~Ephesians 5:33 KJV
Cite this article: Please update the Accessed or Retrieved date (September 13, 2015).
Thank you for reading!
Bio: Founding Editor