Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Issue
Is Christianity a “white religion?” In this issue, read topics about race and racism in the Bible, discover how to study the Bible effectively, and learn if you are a Christian racist. Also, find out why it’s not that great to be a Barnabas, learn how the prosperity gospel hurts Christians, and why is it important for women to be shamefaced? Plus, check out an article by contributing writer, Pat Jeanne Davis.full course
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #19
- Wrong Verses Right™: John 8:7 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #20
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #21
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #22
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #23
- Wrong Verses Right™: Ecclesiastes 7:16 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right™: 1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #24
- Wrong Verses Right: Matthew 5:46 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right: Isaiah 58:5 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #25
- Wrong Verses Right™: Isaiah 58:9 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #26
- The UNusual Suspects: Tony Robbins
- The UNusual Suspects: Bahai
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #27
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #28
- Modesty Minute: Tender-Hearted Guarded
- After the Storm – By Pat Jeanne Davis
- It’s Not That Great to Be a Barnabas
- Three Problems of Posturing Pentecostals
- How Do I Know Who is Righteous and Who is Not?
- Modesty Minute: Why Should I Be Shamefaced?
- Sow A Seed: How the Prosperity Gospel Hurts Christians
- Racist Christian? 29 Lies and Patterns of a Blind Racist
- How to Study the Bible Effectively
- White Religion? Biblical Facts About Race and Racism in Christianity
Wrong Verses Right: 1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV
“… preach Christ crucified.”
 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; ~1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV
Some Christians think this means that Paul is saying that we only preach Christ as being crucified and that is it. We don’t preach wisdom. The problem that ensues is that certain Christians attack other Christians for preaching the wisdom of God.
Those who are called will hear the preaching explaining all about God, (we see this through Jesus, Paul, and Stephen), and they will receive it as the wisdom and power of God, instead of as foolishness.
The scripture immediately after this one shows us that we do preach the wisdom and power of God unto them that are called.
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. ~1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV