Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Issue
Is Christianity a “white religion?” In this issue, read topics about race and racism in the Bible, discover how to study the Bible effectively, and learn if you are a Christian racist. Also, find out why it’s not that great to be a Barnabas, learn how the prosperity gospel hurts Christians, and why is it important for women to be shamefaced? Plus, check out an article by contributing writer, Pat Jeanne Davis.full course
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #19
- Wrong Verses Right™: John 8:7 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #20
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #21
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #22
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #23
- Wrong Verses Right™: Ecclesiastes 7:16 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right™: 1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #24
- Wrong Verses Right: Matthew 5:46 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right: Isaiah 58:5 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #25
- Wrong Verses Right™: Isaiah 58:9 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #26
- The UNusual Suspects: Tony Robbins
- The UNusual Suspects: Bahai
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #27
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #28
- Modesty Minute: Tender-Hearted Guarded
- After the Storm – By Pat Jeanne Davis
- It’s Not That Great to Be a Barnabas
- Three Problems of Posturing Pentecostals
- How Do I Know Who is Righteous and Who is Not?
- Modesty Minute: Why Should I Be Shamefaced?
- Sow A Seed: How the Prosperity Gospel Hurts Christians
- Racist Christian? 29 Lies and Patterns of a Blind Racist
- How to Study the Bible Effectively
- White Religion? Biblical Facts About Race and Racism in Christianity
Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #28Estimated Reading Time: 8 minutes
“There is no perfect church.”
Are you believing this lie?
Jesus clearly outlines seven churches on earth in the book of Revelation. Out of seven, six of them He warns. The unrebuked church is the church of Philadelphia, which is perfect. Jesus tells that church (that church body on earth) to continue until He returns.
 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;  “I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My word, and hast not denied My name.  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.  Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from My God: and I will write upon him My new name.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” ~Revelation 3:7-13 KJV
Now if Jesus Christ shows us in Revelation that there is a perfect church, we ought to believe Him.
Jesus tells the church that is doing everything right to hold onto what they’ve learned and He promises to spare them from the hour of temptation that comes upon the whole earth. The other six churches have certain issues they must overcome or they will be punished. This means that 6/7ths of the true, Christian churches do not have their doctrine right.
That’s about 86% of the churches of the world or throughout history.
This means 14% of the Christian churches in the world or in history are perfect, but not necessarily in your neighborhood.
Here’s a list of several examples of the New Testament church. Are you in a perfect church? Can you say yes to these questions?
- My church believes the Apostle Paul’s full doctrine—the foundation of Christ— is for today. (Hint: If you answer yes to this, it covers all the others.)
- My church rejects women speaking in church nor teaching nor usurping authority over men in church.
- My church has embraced headcoverings and shorn heads as highly recommended because of the angels and to have power, but not required because it is not a custom.
- My church does not have idols. (E.g.; Idols other than a cross representing Christianity on its walls or in speech; idols (other than a cross to show our faith in Christ if needed) on or in the body, which is a temple; nor the idolatry of self-exaltation or compromise)1 Cor. 5 KJV, 2 Cor 6:14-16 KJV
- My church has not transformed itself into a performance center— including, but not limited to— overtly loud, worldly-like concerts where instrumentals, lighting, and showmanship rule. (God says “I desire obedience rather than sacrifice.” Praise can be loud. However, praise in Hebrew actually means “shine” rather than solely focusing on “being loud.” Look to Jesus’ example.) Ps 40:6 KJV, Mark 12:33 KJV, Amos 5:23-26 KJV, Hosea 6:6 KJV
- My church believes every word of the Bible and that the power of God and Christ’s baptism still occurs and that the acts of the Apostles are still possible today. Matt 3:11 KJV, Mark 1:8 KJV, Acts 11:15-18 KJV, Acts 8:15-17 KJV, Acts 19:4-6 KJV, 2 Cor 12:9 KJV, 1 Cor 1:11-24 KJV
- My church tells us to be perfect and to live a holy life and our leaders set that example. 1 Pet 1:15-16 KJV, 2 Pet 3:11 KJV, Jude 1:20 KJV, Romans 12:1 KJV
- My church expects modesty and sobriety and understands that the world judges our physical appearance and actions to draw a conclusion about our sobriety. Again, the body is a temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell. 2 Cor. 6:16 KJV, 1 Cor. 6:19 KJV, 1 Cor. 3:16 KJV, 1 Cor. 3:17 KJV, Romans 12:1 KJV, Romans 13:12-14 KJV
- My church rejects hypocrites, sodomy, homosexuality, fornication, sensuality, etc. in the church body because a little leaven leavens the whole lump. 1 Cor 5-6
- My church teaches that our weapons are spiritual, not carnal. We do not “take up guns,” but rely on the biblical armor of God. Romans 12:17 KJV, Romans 12:19-21 KJV
- My church stands for the protection of wives of the church who are in abusive marriages.
- My church cares for godly widows over age sixty unless they have a family. 1 Tim 5:9-16 KJV
- My church trains people to read their Bibles every day and night and to pray all the time, learn to preach, make disciples, and even baptize without a “curriculum or signing a membership agreement.” Ps 1:2, Acts 12:5 KJV, Rom 1:9 KJV, 1 Thess 5:17 KJV, 2 Tim 1:3 KJV, 2 Tim 4:2 KJV, Luke 4:18 KJV, Mark 16:15 KJV
- My church does not make people sign membership agreements or attend “New Member Classes.” before being willing to baptize them. Acts 8:35-38 KJV, Acts 8:14-17
- My church teaches that the fathers are ultimately responsible for their children’s spiritual path, but women are saved in childbearing because they also teach them about God all day long.
- My church doesn’t rely on “community groups.” We all visit each other from house to house. Acts 2:46 KJV
- My church has a pastor who visits us and serves us all and distributes a liberal portion of the offerings to his own people financially, continually caring for all our needs for an equality among all before adopting an outside cause. Jeremiah 23:2, Jeremiah 23:4 KJV, 2 Cor 8:8-14 KJV, Acts 4:35 KJV, Acts 20:28 KJV, 2 Cor 9:6-13 KJV, Romans 12:13 KJV, Romans 15:26-27 KJV
- My church has tangible power (e.g. healing the sick; raising the dead; spiritual gifts; etc.) and does not create a pretend manifestation (e.g. Ushering in the Holy Spirit as if the Spirit is not there; telling people to practice speaking in tongues before they get tongues; not doing things decently and in order, etc.) 1 Cor 14:11 KJV, Hebrews 5:1 KJV
- My church is a house of prayer; not a den of thieves, a store, or a center to hold “relevant” events. Is 56:7 KJV, Matt 21:13 KJV
- My church teaches the fear of the Lord. 2 Cor 7:1 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Heb 12:31, 12:28 KJV, 1 Pet 2:17 KJV
- My church teaches that grace abounds through righteousness, embracing suffering, and decreasing self rather than a “get saved and relax in your ‘abounding’ grace” mentality. We do not use grace as a band-aid.
Shocked? I know this is a lot to take in.
The Apostle Paul was chosen by God to lay THE FOUNDATION OF THE DOCTRINE, WHICH IS CHRIST. Pastors are supposed to keep that foundation. Then, when they need to build upon it, they must be careful how they build. However, modern churches create new foundations by discarding certain pieces of the original foundation because it is considered “not relevant.”
If you can’t find a church who believes these things, you can always strive to be the example. Are you willing?
It is better to be out of the leaven than to join it.
 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? ~1 Peter 4:17-18 KJV
Thank you for reading!
Bio: Founding Editor