Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Issue
Is Christianity a “white religion?” In this issue, read topics about race and racism in the Bible, discover how to study the Bible effectively, and learn if you are a Christian racist. Also, find out why it’s not that great to be a Barnabas, learn how the prosperity gospel hurts Christians, and why is it important for women to be shamefaced? Plus, check out an article by contributing writer, Pat Jeanne Davis.full course
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #19
- Wrong Verses Right™: John 8:7 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #20
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #21
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #22
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #23
- Wrong Verses Right™: Ecclesiastes 7:16 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right™: 1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #24
- Wrong Verses Right: Matthew 5:46 KJV
- Wrong Verses Right: Isaiah 58:5 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #25
- Wrong Verses Right™: Isaiah 58:9 KJV
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #26
- The UNusual Suspects: Tony Robbins
- The UNusual Suspects: Bahai
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #27
- Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #28
- Modesty Minute: Tender-Hearted Guarded
- After the Storm – By Pat Jeanne Davis
- It’s Not That Great to Be a Barnabas
- Three Problems of Posturing Pentecostals
- How Do I Know Who is Righteous and Who is Not?
- Modesty Minute: Why Should I Be Shamefaced?
- Sow A Seed: How the Prosperity Gospel Hurts Christians
- Racist Christian? 29 Lies and Patterns of a Blind Racist
- How to Study the Bible Effectively
- White Religion? Biblical Facts About Race and Racism in Christianity
Moment of Truth: Casting Down Lies #24Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes
“God seeks us, so we don’t need to seek God.”
Are you believing this lie?
First, God does seek us.
“For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.” ~Matthew 18:11 KJV
Jesus made a way for all to be saved, not just the Jew.
Likewise, Jesus tells us that no man can come to Him unless the Father draws him.
 No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. ~John 6:45 KJV
However, we see in the scripture immediately after it that Jesus says the men must hear and learn.
 It is written in the prophets, “And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto Me.” ~John 6:45 KJV
Therefore, if you hear of God and willingly learn of God, you come to Him.
We must ask ourselves, “Why would the Father not draw someone?” The Lord will not draw someone who doesn’t really believe in what he has learned. This skeptic or sinner cannot come to Christ.
 And the pride of Israel doth testify to His face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.  They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the Lord; but they shall not find Him; He hath withdrawn himself from them. ~Hosea 5:5-6 KJV
However, if a person is drawn because they believe, it is their duty to seek Him to obtain Christ.
 Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near:  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. ~Isaiah 55:6-7 KJV
Therefore, every man hears and learns because of God. If he believes, God draws him. Then, man seeks God by following His lead to obtain Christ.
 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?  And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!’  But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, ‘Lord, who hath believed our report?’  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. ~Romans 10:13-17 KJV
We absolutely must seek God. He draws us to seek Him if we believe. Furthermore, if you see this in your baptized children, make sure you respond to their desires of wanting to read the Bible while He is near.